Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ashley-Madison

Alright boys and girls, this week I am off of work (vacation is great!) so I was able to indulge in one of my guilty pleasures I have missed for a long time: daytime television.

Well, I happened upon the Tyra Banks Show (don't ask I won't tell) and found out there is a website designed specifically to hook up would-be cheating spouses.

HUH???
Did I miss something???

First off, I am surprised this is even necessary in today's age. Second, I am appalled anyone would think this was a good idea. Can discarded spouses sue the website for ruining their marriage? Seriously, why would anyone with a conscience create such a website? I thought that's what chat rooms were for?

Now, maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy (use of such a term might automatically confirm this assumption) but has all sanctity of marriage and love gone out the window to where there needs to be a site designated for pairing up cheaters? I mean, I hope your spouse gets the compensation of a Private Eye, or an appearance on the show Cheaters because this is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!

I'm sorry for ranting, but am I the only one out there in the world who finds this act of open lucivity vulgar and demeaning to our society? I suppose next we will put bumper stickers on our car that say HONK IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP WITH ME. I know we did away with the Scarlett letter, but is this where the path leads?

Finally I just want to say this to the site designers:
"Have a little decency people you are playing with the lives of, albeit unhappy couples, but still couples! Let them fall apart of their own accord and not with your assistance. Relationships of pure sexual nature should not be encouraged within a marriage, and you are not only encouraging it you are the pimp for it. Profiting off of the desperation of lonely lovers is like taking down payments on home repairs after hurricanes and not returning to do the work.

A far better service would be finding a true friend for these forlorn people to lean on, because what they need is an ear to listen not a bed to fall into. Sex is not their problem- relationships are."

No comments: